Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Acceptance of Dings

 I like having perfectly mint cards, but I am also realistic to know, they won't all be, and the older you go, the less perfect cards are going to be. That said, opening a pack, even if it's an older pack, I'd expect cards in good condition, and the pack of 1991 Studio baseball cards I am opening today, obviously ended up hitting a hard surface with a corner at some point in the last 30 years.


Every single card has a ding in the bottom left corner. The good news - I guess - is I am building this set, so will keep these for the set build and be OK with that. I will not however put the others into my trade pile. I will instead use them for adding as packaging into trades. No points for the cards being packaging, but at least it's not a total loss.

Somehow, the puzzle piece is the FIRST one that I have in my collection for the Rod Carew puzzle. Not sure how that happened, but it is what it is.

Man, those dinged corners are something rough, but only dupes were Harper, Scioscia and Santiago so a successful pack otherwise.

3 comments:

  1. When I was putting together my Donruss Puzzle collection, the two different Carew puzzles (1992 Donruss and 1991 Studio) were 2 of the final 3 puzzles I needed. It's weird, because I know I opened up Studio back when it came out. But I must have just tossed the Carew pieces away, because I had no recollection of him being featured on a puzzle (let alone two).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's one of the worst feelings: opening a pack and finding them all dinged (or bricked). At least there wasn't a gem in the pack with a nice dinged corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a great pack if you had to have one with dings.

      Delete