Wednesday, January 27, 2016

1972 O Pee Chee hockey stickers

A quick 20 from the Santa Lot with a number of nice inserts...

Highlights:

A couple 1972-73 hockey stickers from O Pee Chee. I love the classic Penguins logo and miss the Sabres logo - I've never liked the newer Sabres logo and generally prefer the "classic" logos.

As for the other inserts/parallels, I almost missed the Pacific one given the placement of the 05/99 and the fact the only difference is the copper colour of the foil at the bottom of the card.

I'd also never complain about a Brett Hull (shown as a Blue, the only team I really recognize him with) or Peter Forsberg card.

The rest
Keepers:

Nothing too special, but adding a few more cards to the 2007-08 Upper Deck set.

Traders:

Another 2007 Topps Football Generation Now insert, and a Dante Culpepper card from the base set highlight the traders. I like that Topps used the same design across sports in 2007, but the design itself I don't particularly like - too dark with the black borders, and with the football the ugly green back colour usage.

Summary so far - 620 cards in:
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers
Toronto 7 1      
Inserts / Variations 25 1 4 4  
Error      
Keep 137 22      
Doubles/Sell 40 2 101 58 218

No comments:

Post a Comment