Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Preferred medal colours - why?

Let's get to another set of 20 from the Santa Lot...

Highlights:

A couple more McDonald set cards - both pretty in their own bright coloured, flashy fashion.


Lowlights:
To be honest, as much as there are some football and basketball cards which I have as traders - I can't really classify any as real lowlights in this grouping so we will pass on it this time...

The rest
Keepers:

So, this is the first time I looked at the detail of the base set for 1997-98 Donruss Preferred. I did not know that the base set itself is made up of gold, silver and bronze cards. I originally thought these would be base and parallel sets, but I guess it is in the same line as Black Diamond cards. That said, why the different level cards are splattered across the set, I'm not sure. I would have thought it would make sense to have bronze say 1-100, then silvers 101-175 and gold 175-200 - but no, appears to be all over the place. Curious as to what the qualification, if any, there were on who would be a gold versus silver or bronze. I haven't looked closely at this, but if I get a few more such cards, I will take a look and let you know (unless the you out there knows and tells me first).

Traders:

It didn't take much effort here, so I horizontal scanned the couple cards - but won't make it a habit...

Summary:
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers
Toronto 6      
Inserts / Variations 18 1 4    
Error      
Keep 119 10      
Doubles/Sell 38 1 71 34 218

No comments:

Post a Comment