Monday, January 18, 2016

Toronto and Champs in the same post...

If only in the same sentence...and that sentence be about hockey...or baseball....

Highlights:

A couple Leafs in this group including a shiny 2007-08 McDonald's Darcy Tucker to add to the collection. Also, the Antropov card hits as an error card as well - minor though in that the PPG column on the back doesn't quite add...but it gets counted as a Leaf as that is where it goes in the collection...


Lowlights:

I am not a big fan of horizontal cards. This has nothing to do with the talent here (nothing against Kobe, great player as I have mentioned before). I just don't like them which is part of why my scans, such as below, will have horizontal cards in the vertical position, this is how cards should be. That being said, and as much as I dislike the cards here for that purpose - I will say that Topps did the most they could with it here. I think it kinda works, especially with the Wallace card. So kudos for Topps making the best they could of this go with the 2007-08 base horizontal cards, but still, not my cup of tea.

The Rest
Keepers:

These include the first Champs card i've ever had in hand. Very similar in look to baseball's A&G with a bit more aged look on the card. Quite plain, not sure I am sold in them yet...

Traders:

The Al Thornton is another 2007-08 Topps, 1957-58 Variation - I presume the effect on the card to make it appear of that set (though comes across as blurred) is purposeful and not just my eyesight...


Summary to date...

Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers
Toronto 6
Inserts / Variations 15 1 4
Error
Keep 110 9
Doubles/Sell 37 1 49 29 218

No comments:

Post a Comment