Saturday, January 23, 2016

Let's talk Legacy

No - not talking about the WWE faction from a decade ago give or take...not talking about Manny Legace - but talking about...


Released in 1999, this was one of the last sets I actively collected and played during the release of as around the time I headed off to University and there just weren't the people playing there at the time.

The Urza block was great - especially for myself who collected and played artifacts.

I was pleasantly surprised to see these packs become available at www.401games.ca, which I am lucky enough to work within a 15 minute walk from in Toronto. As part of my unopened pack collection, I am trying to get one of each booster pack release for Magic (realistically not expecting any before Revised as these are quite costly). Even this booster cost about $25CDN - the most expensive one I bought being Urza's Saga which was about $40CDN. This also means I have covered about 50 sets by way of an unopened booster so I have a nice binder of packs going.

I would also recommend anyone who can, visit www.401games.ca - I have always found their prices to be the best or very close to it, but specifically with Magic Cards - usually about 30-40% cheaper than the Wal-Marts of the world, and a great selection of singles. I know they are also working on reducing shipping costs to be able to order online and send across Canada and the US - definitely worth a peek.

401games was also the place back almost 20 years that myself and my high school friends would go on weekends to play Magic and hang out - very nerdy, but enjoyed it nonetheless! I'm sure most everyone reading this had or has such a place they go for card collecting or playing purposes...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment