Sunday, June 5, 2016

Dollarama Surprises and Trade with corozco

Made a nice quick little trade with TCDB member corozco picking up a number of cards from 1989 Topps baseball, and one Jay want...


Actually the couple 1989 Jays may be the second needed (one for the complete set, one for the Jay collection). A nice and quick trade as I start trying to turn some of these basketball and football cards into cards I need/want for my collection. A big thanks for the great trade, and we actually already have another in the works.

Couldn't help myself when I had to run to the dollar store for cheap batteries (which in the end, they didn't have anyway) and I picked up...


Opening it up I got....


The top loaders are nice and well, but more importantly - let's see what is in each pack...

Let's go least interesting to most (at least to me) with the first one being "The 90s"

4 or the 6 are new for me (top row and the Zenith card). Of them, I like the Zenith card best - first one I've had. Definitely solid card stock compared to the other 90s cards which is nice.

Let's try the 2010 next....

Van Riemsdyk as a Flyer - liked him as a Leaf - but best of the three to me is the Fleury card - nice side profile photo.

And finally the guaranteed superstar pack....

So who would be the superstar? I'm guessing not the top row, but I'd say either Neely or Subban would count for the distinction. I will take the insert Subban for the collection, but otherwise a fairly "meh" three packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment