Monday, June 20, 2016

Slim pickings

First, a big congratulations to LeBron - he finally did it and I hope Cleveland enjoys it - well deserved. I was never a big fan of Golden State (I am generally an under dog appreciating person), but LeBron leaving Cleveland always bothered me, but the redemption story has been too good, and glad to see it get the storybook ending. Glad yesterday was a winner of a day for him.

Not every day can be a winner, and today is one of those days regarding the Santa Lot 20...very slim pickings indeed. So, a good time to first share another 20 baseball cards I pulled off of Listia - let's see what I got there at least....

Highlights:

Needed the Lloyd as I have one as part of a complete set.

The rest
Keepers:

Some 1992 Stadium Club with what is likely the best baseball card photography of the early 90s, Add to that the few 1986 cards, and not a bad haul.

Traders:

Should be able to find someone who will want the extra Mattingly - maybe not so much on the other couple...

So at least that all brought a few decent Jays...as for the Santa Lot 20...

Highlights:

Given the choices - I could have gone with some decent football below, but personally, the extra Victory cards are the slim picking highlight today. Yeah...just going to be one of those days...

The rest
Keepers:

The Fitzgerald card is the Canadian version (both English and French on the back) and from the period of the mid 90s when, with the expansion, it seemed every pack came with a number of Panthers or Sharks...

Traders:

A nice Randy Moss card from 2008 Donruss Threads (and the Vince Young card is fairly nice as well). Otherwise, nice design for the Amare card, and a number of Ultra retail (I like the bit of shine on the hobby version myself). Actually, didn't know there was the difference until getting these cards and looking at what I had to see the difference between retail versus hobby. Given this, I consider both base sets and not one a parallel of the other - right or wrong...

Through 2740 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Completed 2007-08 Upper Deck McDonald's Checklist Subset (6 cards)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers ET Star Wars Rocky KISS Clue
Toronto 52 5
Inserts / Var Kept 91 4
Error 11 1
Keep 754 88
Doubles/Sell 257 15 510 618 230 8 5 2 3 1
Doubles Inserts / Var 19 28 38

No comments:

Post a Comment