Tuesday, August 13, 2019

15 Cards From Dollarama

Today, a quick one off from a Dollarama pick up. If I show you the front and back, bet you can guess which card I picked the pack up for.



Always get to at least get one Leaf if I can see it!



A second Cody - I didn't have my phone, and figured it was a dupe, but couldn't check. I am only missing two cards for the Leaf base set. Still, happy with the pack, now to see if there is anything else of interest in here...



I don't know exactly what this is. It is out of the 2000-2001 Be A Player Memorabilia set, but definitely isn't the normal base which has the name and colouring on the front as a blue, and this is ruby. It isn't the straight ruby parallel as it would then be numbered to 200. The only other options appear to be other front stamped serial numbered versions for expos like Toronto.

It kind of looks like they printed more ruby cards than they needed and then didn't use them all for the rint run? Just grabbing at straws here...any thoughts from anyone out there?

The rest of the keepers from the pack...


Some early 90s and a decent Roberto insert from the World Juniors.

As for dupes...


Some french....some juniors...and everyday dupes. Any interest, let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I think your guess on the Mottau is spot on. ITG probably printed extras for every card in case collectors sent in their damaged copies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make them pretty cool cards as there may not be very many of them. Figure is it was supposed to be a 200 SN card, they must make only say 100 extras or so (or at most another 200).

      Delete