Monday, August 19, 2019

Let's Talk Average

Moving onto the 2016 Leaf Babe Ruth set pack, we get to talk about average...



The best of the pack is the Career Achievement insert which, obviously discusses his nice .342 career average. I appreciate the discussion on the back which discusses the fact Babe Ruth figured that, if he settled for trying to hit singles, he could have hit about .600. Guess we will never know, but I am not one to doubt the man.

The base cards that are all new to me...



The set goes in order through his career, the last of these four being near his retirement, taking a tip of the cap accordingly. The cards are unique for not being game shots, and quite varied, can't complain about that.

4 Packs, 27 cards, 78 Points.

I have had a number of small PWEs come across from trades, and today is no exception as I had the priviledge of trading with rmitchell6700 at TCDB - though you may recognize him more for his blog $30 A Week Habit.



Fleer Premium is a set I haven't seen much of in hand, but is a design I like. As much as black borders are difficul to keep mint, they do make the card pop a bit more in the design.

Big thanks for the PWE, and hope we can do some more in the future.

1 comment: