Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Autos, Memorabilia and....Apparently Not Pink

 So, Oren apparently was taking it upon himself to help finish my display. I have one for Leafs autos and one for Jays autos, and each one holds 20 cards. They present vertically, so horizontal cards don't make the specific display which is just behind my computer/card desk, though they are loved and placed elsewhere.

I don't have too many autos in my collection, and Oren has likely provided more than half of the ones I do have, with a couple more additions here to make the wall display.


Charlie O'Brien had a 15 year career, and only 2 seasons of it were with Toronto, but just happened to be around the time of the 1996 Leaf set which had all these wonderful on card autographs - beautiful. Paul Quantrill spent a good 6 years with the Jays through the mid 90s to early 2000s.

Raul did spend most of his career with the Dodgers, but played over 300 games with the Jays. I don't remember him well as it was over 1999-2001 when I was starting at university and didn't have focus outside of school. Amazingly, Oren provided not one, but two of the Fleer Genuine Coverage cards which is amazing. I am partial for the bat piece though, just because I have less of them, but all wonderful cards.

Mitch Nay is a big NAY - as in a no to making the majors as he wasn't able to get there with Toronto and in 2018 ended up over with Cincinnati's minor league clubs, bouncing around there since.

Reese came to Toronto from Pittsburgh and then left going to the White Sox, though he didn't last there long, traded later than same 2022 year to Boston. Hopefully he can find his niche.

Lastly - new Vladdy content! It's serial numbered - yay! It's pink....um...apparently not. It's Fuchsia. Why do we have so many parallels that we actually need to differentiate between pink and fuchsia? I think things have gone too far!

This package has gone far, but still has a bit more to go!

2 comments:

  1. Wait, don't tell me they have a pink and fuchsia parallel? And I agree, bat relic cards are always cool.

    ReplyDelete