Friday, January 5, 2024

Dribbles

 Like the football yesterday, looks like we might be nearing the end of the basketball cards in the lot. Actually, all in, not a whole lot of basketball which came in this lot, which is fine, but does work to my advantage as it's not a sport I collect, though does tend to make decent trade bait.


Probably what might be the most iconic basketball redemption card - at least I think for my generation. The punched hole (and it is marked "Traded" on the back side) show it was actually redeemed for the Shaq rookie card which wasn't ready in time for the set release. Goes well in this bunch with the Shaq card just below which shows how much the man has changed over the years.

A handful of names from the 90s which I do recognize along with Shaw, but Isiah Thomas may be the one I know best because of his time with the Raptors organization in the early days of the franchise. It may not have worked out as well as everyone wanted, but he was an important part of those early building days in the management of the team.

1 comment:

  1. Always thought it was cool that they punched the card where the basketball was.

    ReplyDelete