Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Newer Baseball

 As it says, looking at some newer baseball cards today in the package from Oren. This was supposed to be the "after 2020" period, but as you will see, a couple older cards snuck into the wrong pile. First up the welcomes duplicates...


I have happily, and to myself, somewhat surprisingly, ended up with a fair number of the base cards from main releases the last few years, though I don't think I have directly purchased any such packs - all a benefit of trading, mostly on TCDB.

The retro look with the Chrome finish always throws me off and why I don't like the Chrome retro designs...just too contradictory. Won't plan to ever collect any such sets, but will absolutely love keeping my Jays!

Love the 2022 Topps Biggio with the red alternate jersey!


2023 A&G was new to me, and I have some dupes above, but also because they are new to me below as well! So, I had thought that it was just 2023 Topps Heritage in the bunch but there were a couple 2020 Topps Archives which had infiltrated the pile. I guess it's good that the Heritage watermark on the front makes it easy to tell the difference after paying attention for 5 seconds!

Plenty of new cards in the bunch today...


The big "win" from today is the 2022 Topps flagship set completion of my Jays team set with the final 2 cards. I love the A&G minis as well, but completing a team set of any size is always a fun feeling. The A&G minis includeone A&G backed (one of the Chapman cards), and the obvious black border.


This is my first 2023 Topps Prestige card, and first Sepia (Manoah above it), another great bunch of cards and yet...the best is still to come!

2 comments:

  1. What do you think about the Prestige? For me it's kind of like Topps Finest.

    ReplyDelete