Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Check Out The Dugout

 The COVID lot had a smattering of cards from 1998 Dugout Access set from Skybox, and today we get another 100 or so. It's not a set I have any attachment or care for, and the cardstock is so thin, that alone kind of turns me off. I do like a couple of the subsets from the base set, and will note those later, but first up, a couple Jays (yay!).


Still not a big fan of the big Leaf logo on the uniforms...

As for the base cards I am in no need of keeping, here is a smattering for show...


I'm not overly offended by the design on the front, and there are some decent enough photos used, so all good there, as for backs...


I get what they were going for, but man, I would have rather a text box with simple white background under that black text at the bottom. I know, full photo is ncie, but so much harder to read as done here in my opinion. Team colour matching on the design though is a nice touch.

Here are a few of the subsets from the base set, and I have to say, I want a full set done like the license plates. I don't know why, I mean, it's just a side picture of the player and a made text background, but I like them! Besides, Crime Dog - nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment