Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Over 30 Years

 Yup, it's been over 30 years since the boom of the late 80s and early 90s with the overproduction of sports cards. It doesn't mean I love them any less, just means the cards with any monetary value from the period are fewer and further between. I still love many of the sets from the era as it's what I grew up on, and the COVID lot today, provides a number of reminders from that time.

We actually get a fair number of set helpers too...


The Donruss 1988 and Topps 1988 sets are well enough known, but here we have the "Canadian" versions with Leaf and O Pee Chee, both of which are sets I am slowly working on. I gather that production wise, these were far less produced, though I wouldn't call them scarce by any means.


A few other slow set builds getting a bit of help. A lot of Scott Erickson in the cards today. Though I always think of his time in Minnesota early in his career, he actually spent more years with Baltimore.

Other keepers today...


A lonely Jays card, and a dupe, but still a thumbs up. A couple Clemente puzzle pieces I needed as well as another MVP need with the man Gwynn, and a couple uncorrected error cards as well.

As for the traders...


Some bash brother action with Jose and Mark, never going to be sad about getting Gwynn cards, and names like Martizen and Maddux to boot? Star studded for the times indeed.


I always pull Montreal Expos cards to send to Mike at Not Another Baseball Card Blog, but given the number of them today, just wanted to show...

Well, I hope he wants a dozen Upper Deck card copies!


No comments:

Post a Comment