Saturday, March 2, 2024

Random 90s Baseball

Not much theme to the baseball cards from the COVID lot today - just a number of mid-90s baseball cards, so let's see what we get. 


Well - definitely have seen a bunch of 1996 SP baseball, and a few more cards here, though still not a set for me. The opposite end is 1997 Pinnacle Inside, which maybe I've seen a handful of cards in hand ever. It's a set I know about, just don't see much of the cards ever. I don't find them overly exciting or special, just not something seen much "in the wild". Nomar himself, was definitely a guy I know people who specifically collect.


Nice to get a 1994 Flair pick up with Bagwell. Those Flair cards still feel premium and high end. They may not be short printed variations with special printing effects, etc like you "have" to get in cards to be special today, but in 1994, they were nice and they still are!

I like the Pinnacle Team 2000 cards too, but already had Albert. Still not quite half way on that 80 card set.

Can't complain about ending with a Ripken Jr. card even if it is a checklist - man was a great and I still remember staying up to watch his celebration for beating the consecutive game streak. There are a handful of those moments, and most of them are baseball, for staying up to see something special - Cal and the streak, Blue Jays World Series wins - both of them, McGwire and 70 home runs (not specifically the 70s which was during the day, but a number of moments that last week or so between him and Sosa that I stayed up to watch games for), all special moments I still remember well.

No comments:

Post a Comment