Wednesday, August 26, 2026

A King

A quick share on a 401games pick up as I am back from a couple weeks off, and finally picked up a couple orders I made while on holiday. Most was for supplies to help with the unopened pack collection, but I also needed to pick up some Hobbit packs for said collection and did so with this...

It means I will have some packs to open when I get to unboxing this, which should be fun as it does look like a good set. We recently watched the Hobbit series of movies with our daughter, her first watch, and are going through the Lord of the Rings movies now with her as well, so good timing to get the set released for MTG as well.

Though I am still firmly in the "Jordan over LeBron" camp, I recognize the greatness of LeBron. With the longevity and the high level of play, I get it, but the domination that Jordan had, just wasn't there for any extended period in comparison. I am sure that will start a great debate, and I am sure I could be somewhat swayed, but I grew up on MJ, so I'll stick with him.


LeBron does get to kick off the basketball cards from the 2026 Lot today, and another run of Donruss cards which still has many I don't have, so not like I am near completing this set, but that's okay, more trade bait is fine too.


I think the design on the front is still a little much and could be toned down a bit and give more attention to the photos, but the set is solid for a Panini offering.




I should really undertake a project of getting some names associated with teams - I mean people I can just send cards to for certain teams. I like doing trades, but just to start reducing the excess cards I have, I'd move some with no requirement for cards coming back. Having looked at Facebook marketplace recently, I'd like to get some of the traders moved away so I can but a few items which are fairly cheap there, take what I want to keep/collect, and move along what I can through trade or giveaway. I think, after this lot, and opening the new stuffs I have, that will be the direction I head in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment