Thursday, May 19, 2016

Giant Avalanche

Santa Lot 20 influenced by some Giants and Avalanche players as you'll see. We've gone through a fair bunch of cards from the Santa Lot at this point, and I have been thinking over how it has gone thus far, and I am pretty darn happy. In addition to the entertainment factor (for myself, and hopefully a bit for you as well), I've ended up with almost 50 Toronto cards, just under 100 parallel/insert cards, and about 700 other keeper cards. Not too shabby - though maybe not as high as I would have originally thought I would end up at, but hey - who knows how the rest of this is going to go...

Highlights:

A couple inserts - again the nice McDonald foil comes across fairly nicely in scanned form.

Lowlights:
Well, the condition of this card makes me sad - just a "small" crease along the back - and it was a McDonald's card too....can't win them all I guess - sorry Peter.

At least this is the second I've pulled, so I can pass it on to my son for his odds and sods cards (he's 5 so condition is fine being rough - they will just get rougher right now - it's his practice collection).

The rest
Keepers:

22.2% complete now for the 2007-08 Upper Deck set and 13.3% for the Mini Jersey set - further completion of these sets. That said, of these cards - really like how the Rob Black 2005 Rookie Update card comes off with the colours and picture of Blake, just a really nice look.

Traders:

A few Giants and some duplicate 2007-08 as well as a 3rd Bob Gibson...

Summary (through 2260 cards):
Specific Accomplishments:
- Completed 2007-08 Upper Deck McDonald's Checklist Subset (6 cards)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers ET Star Wars Rocky KISS Clue
Toronto 41 5                
Inserts / Var Kept 86 4                
Error 9 1                
Keep 640 75                
Doubles/Sell 216 13 425 428 226 8 5 2 3 1
Doubles Inserts / Var 17   19 36            

No comments:

Post a Comment