Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Durant Durant and knocking off a most wanted

A one card win off Listia which knocked off one of the remaining 1991-92 Pro Set hockey cards I need to complete the full set. Most wanted for purpose, least wanted for content...

Still, nice to knock one off the most wanted list - yay!

So today's pull made me add one other previous item to the specific accomplishments below. I will save this for only what I find to be excellent pulls. I am going to try and keep it to a handful over the course of the Santa Lot, though I guess that could change. One of the first cards was the 1973-74 Bobby Orr All Star card. I am going to add this single card, and the Durant highlighted below because these are just great cards in their own right.

Highlights:

Given it is a Durant rookie, how hot he is right now, and that it is the variation card as well - have to say this is one of the big highlights as far as single cards go from the Santa Lot (so far). If I hit another string of these inserts, could end up with the insert set which would be another great accomplishment.

The rest
Keepers:

Nothing spectacular, but the Bowman International set is interesting with the chrome look and faux signature.

The rest:

Well - the Classics cards are a first from the Santa Lot - so that's a good thing, but they are minor league cards, so not something I'll be keeping. Otherwise, as much as I can appreciate coach cards like Alain's above - I'd love to see current sets do this with more unusual poses, pictures than "sitting on the bench" or "standing behind the bench".

Through 3700 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Checklist Subset (6 cards)
- 1973-74 O-Pee-Chee #30 Bobby Orr (All-Star)
- 2007-08 Topps 1957-58 Variations #112 Kevin Durant (Rookie)






Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 73 5
Inserts / Var Kept 124 7
Error 11 1
Keep 946 112
Doubles/Sell 369 20 760 885 232 19
Doubles Inserts / Var 37 1 49 49

2 comments:

  1. It's a Canadiens card.. Burn it.. :P
    I know what you mean.. I've kind of started but not started yet another collection.. Cards Serial numbered 67/
    So far I have two.. Both of them are Yankees..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Burn them....

      I'll see if I have any with that number...none come to mind, but that doesn't mean much.

      Delete