Sunday, November 5, 2023

Hockey D!

McDonalds hockey cards are always a fun pull from a lot of cards, and that's what we have from the COVID lot today... 


Works out that most of the cards are here in duplicate, so I can show you the front and back of the cards at the same time - including their Frenchy goodness!

I have the set almost done, so it was just about Dave as far as keepers for me, and we have the two copies of Ellett to add to the couple I already have.


The uniforms are a bit on the ugly side as far as my taste goes, but I still like them better when everyone has a "team" jersey. I would like the front edged black border to have gone all the way around as my eye keeps going to the fact it isn't on the left edge of the cards at all.






Love seeing these cards as it reminds me of my youth, and of Jagr's fabulous mullet! Man kept with it long after it was "cool".

Didn't get a complete set out of it, but pretty close, so if anyone wants a solid starter - let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! Those All-Star uniforms are indeed ugly! Great player selection though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could almost mistake them for team USA uniforms....

      Delete
  2. Gosh, I'd like to think team USA has better jerseys than those 😅

    ReplyDelete