Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Shaw Racing Box Trade

 Just as it says, TCDB member Shaw Racing and I did a box trade - about 800 cards going each way, taking advantage of Canada Post October free shipping Tuesdays. I would normally show all the cards over a few days, but the majority of the trade was me getting rid of dupes and traders in exchange for dupe Jays from 1986-1992 period, so rather than show those, will show the other cards instead - some set help, a few new Jays, a few error cards. It was good for also picking up some Bruins for a friend.


I picked up a number of 1988 Score base cards to help with that set, just because he had a bunch and I need a bunch - still only about 2/3 of the way on the set, but further than I was before the trade.


I had grabbed a few Bruins cards for a friend, and a couple for myself for other set build projects as seen above.


I did end up with some new Jays cards, like the those from a few 80s team sets, as well as a few Donruss and Leaf cards I needed. I need to look at my 1987 DOnruss cards to see if I have all the different variations covered.


Believe it or not, I actually need a last Bowman Jay or two to finish the team set. Been a while looking for them because I have been working on the set as a whole too.


Not many Leaf cards, but a few including a nice Kraft card - always like getting those, and wish I had the ones I remember getting in the early 90s as a kid. Last up, some error cards I need to check and make sure are already in my error binder...


About 700 more cards that are all now in my Jays collection, and for a shipping price of zero - love being able to make such a large trade with Shaw Racing - much appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. I was reading about that free postage thing the other day, that's pretty awesome. I wish we could get something like that down here in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty nice - saved about $100 on postage and moved a few thousand cards.

      Delete