Saturday, November 11, 2023

Remembrance Day

Always a day to take a few moments to remember those who gave so much. As much as we like to think that World Wars are behind us and something the world should never see again, we still have severe conflicts come up, and no matter which side you are "on", conflicts that damage human life, the environment and the world, have a lasting impact. I am grateful for all that we have, especially here, but try not to take it for granted as we are constantly reminded that the world is not as big and separate a place as it may have been or seemed hundreds, or even a hundred, years ago.

That said, you are here to see cards, so let's take a look at more cards from my trade with fellow Canadian Kahnadah.


Panini products of the early 2010s...you are here.

I guess the good is the the Certified set is one I didn't have any of, and now have the Leaf pure base set done, so I don't have to think about that one too hard.

Brayden played his entire 2 game NHL career with the Leafs, but found a career in the ECHL and AHL for another 5-6 years after that to round out his professional time.


Phaneuf and Kessel are definitely Leaf players...so I guess, yay, lol. I will say, the Crown design where the card remains vertical is much better to me than the early 2000s designs where the cut was done so the cards were horizontal.

I may never have been a fan of Contenders sets, that Optimus Reime card is a nice one.


I do play favourites though, and Douggie is the winner as far as single cards go from the bunch today. Like that the Panini Elite set here is done, but Douggie actually is the last base Leaf from the 2011-12 Parkhurst Champions set so - yay for that.

Still more to come tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment