Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Racing To Another Box Trade

 I am starting to find it harder to find TCDB members who I can do larger trades with - probably just a function of having done some, and the people out there to trade with. Even though the site seems to be growing well, just getting harder for those bigger trades, well in most cases. That said, I did a second large box trade with Shaw Racing in October, and we can start going through it today. A lot of baseball and hockey, but the wrestling is likely the star of the box, though I do have some solid set building help all around.


We start with a few more 1982 Topps set helpers, and a few random 80s Jays cards which are always nice to get. The 1982 set is over 500 of the 792 now and climbing, so good there.

THe Jays are all new, but no completed team sets to speak of.


1988 Leaf is a set on my build list, so we added a bunch here getting to over 170 of the 264 card set, so nice add there including the Mark McGwire sweet looking Diamond King.


We stick with the 1988 baseball set builds with a single O Pee Chee add, and a whole bunch of 1988 Score because yes, I still need a bunch of 1988 Score.


I now also own a copy of both the single and double asterisk versions of the 1988 Topps All Star Glossy George Bell card!


The Tony O Pee Chee only back does not have a sticker, but I do now also have a bunch more 1990 Bowman for that set build. 


These actually move me to less than 100 left on the 528 card set. I don't think it will be hard to finish, just time because it isn't a priority.


The 1990 Bowman Sweepstakes cards finish that 11 card insert set for me, though I don't have all 24 cards in the master set including the different variations, but that is ok.


No major progress on the last bunch of cards sets, but they are all set helpers too. A very productive baseball part of the trade, even if it didn't finish any sets off, but that's okay - we can check hockey next!

1 comment: