Friday, November 10, 2023

Oh Kahnadah

 So - got a bunch of cards in a trade with fellow Canadian TCDB member, Kahnadah. I was able to move twice as much in quantity, and get a bunch of new to me cards. SO much so, it'll take a few days to get through these!


Although most of the trade is for Leaf cards, there are a few other items which pop up, like a couple Magic artifact cards I didn't have before. Star in the first bunch is Wayne in the centre, which is the final of the 10 cards in the Gretzky Records insert from 1995-96 Collector's Choice.

To be fair, lots of good "stars" from the bunch though as Felix is the last of 2 Leaf cards for the 1995-96 SP Stars insert Leafs, and Brad Marsh, the last card for my O Pee Chee 1988-89 Leaf team set.


I didn't know about the 1997-98 McDonald's Ice Game Film inserts until getting this one in the trade, and I love the cut design of 2001-02 Pacific Atomic, and now have my Leaf base set done!


Also nice when I can start and end a team set all in one trade, which is what we have with 2001-02 Topps Reserve with all four cards picked up here.

I may not be a big fan of the In The Game products, but Leafs are Leafs, and at least some are nice throwback subjects.


Surprised I didn't have the Ultra Gold Sundin yet, but not an issue anymore!


Just the start, and we even end with a one and done Leaf insert set with the 2009-10 Upper Deck Victory Stars of the Game card.

Very happy with how many team sets I unexpectedly finished off so far, and hope there maybe more as we go through the rest of this trade!

3 comments:

  1. Almost missed the transaction info on the Marsh card and wondered why you traded for a Flyer lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sometimes the marks are a bit too subtle. Even though I traded for it, at first glance I wondered why too!

      Delete
  2. Those McDonald's inserts are really cool! Looked them up on eBay, and it might be easier to get them in trade like you did lol

    ReplyDelete