Well, I actually won't do either, but make some of these into packaging material - yes. With lot purchases, I don't usually get much in the way of "vintage" cards, and here we have what is probably the baseball vintage from the lot - though most of it is in the high production "junk" era. Let's start with the packaging material....
The 1986 Donruss cards are the worst of it, but the Leaf cards don't show it, but the packs are quite rough, and Washington has a chunk missing from his back, so all these will be used, just not as they were originally intended.
On the other hand, these few will stay with me...
A couple uncorrected error cards, one Patterson for set build, and a sweet O Pee Chee 1982 Whitt for the Jays collection. I'd call that a solid grouping!
There were some slightly older cards that don't fit to my sets or collection, and we get back into the 70s;;;
A few of the cards actually made their way out already as they were picked up in a trade offer as soon as I put them into my TCDB account. Condition is about what I would expect on 70s cards - and O Pee Chee - with some soft edges or corners, but good otherwise.
I love the Jack Morris card - he was a beast of a pitcher - loved his work for the Jays of course, though I remember him best for his time with Detroit.
A bunch of 80s sets dabbled in, much being O Pee Chee which is nicely Canadian. Jim Rice always a pleasure to see.






No comments:
Post a Comment