Tuesday, July 26, 2016

I Nabb a Goose

First item to share today is a 16 pack of baseball cards from Listia...

Highlights:

Seems I got a Goose out of this lot of cards - second of these for my collection - same as the Fernandez card. This is a set, 1990 Topps people tend to either really lot or really hate - either way - I give it credit for being memorable.

The rest
Keepers:

A couple great Rangers from the early 90s - Palmeiro had decent power, and Pete was an excellent catcher during that time.

Traders:

My fault for getting a pack with this many doubles, but for the cheap price, I wanted to doubles of Jays, so no hard done really I guess.

For the Santa Lot 20, two days in a row we get a nice serial numbered football insert. Would love if they were hockey or baseball, but at least this one is of someone a little more high profile.

Highlights:


A nice McNabb serial numbered insert - even if they used the same picture on the back as the front. Add to that a McDonalds card for good measure.

The rest
Keepers:

I will say, of these cards, this is the first 2009-10 Ultra card to come up - generally, I think this seems to be the latest year, give or take, that has been coming out of the Santa Lot 20. This has been fine as I wasn't collecting through the 00s.

Traders:

I've been Fukudome'd again (Tony, I think you made a comment about possibly wanting the card - now is your chance!) - amd he brought a couple friends from the set which shows it is multi-sport (hadn't looked this up myself yet, but pretty obvious now). I like the look to the Icons cards, though they could have brought the design down a bit and provided for more picture on the front.



Through 3300 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Checklist Subset (6 cards)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 68 5
Inserts / Var Kept 104 7
Error 11 1
Keep 859 96
Doubles/Sell 314 17 667 794 231 19
Doubles Inserts / Var 23 1 37 46

No comments:

Post a Comment