Monday, July 18, 2016

Not so Borje-ing

A Listia pick up to share. I got this to get a second Nedved card - one as he is a Leaf here, and two, because it is an error card so I have one in my Leaf binder, and one in my error binder (spelling of his name on the front - not that you can see it - is Nedevd).

Now with that Listia announcement made - onto the Santa Lot 20...

So as we are starting through another box, I wasn't sure if we would see more of the same, some completely different cards or what with the next part of the Santa Lot 20. The good news - it looks like a little bit of both - some sets continue to show up, and we see some new ones prop up as well. This is probably the best case since it means some of the sets started will probably continue to be had, while we get a bit more variety as well - definitely not boring...

Highlights:


I like the Borje card, though this set doesn't quite do it for me the way the Masterpieces set does, or Artifact sets. Still nice, but not as collectible to me generally, but into the Leaf collection it goes! Also, since it is the first of these cards I've seen, and they are pretty darn shiny, here are a few 2008 Playoff Authentic Memorabilia base cards.

The rest
Keepers:

Good variety here as well. We have seen some 2009 MVP, and a good part of 2007-08 Upper Deck - but nice to see some 1997-98 Donruss Preferred and a couple more Parkhurst 2006-07 cards.

Traders:

Some decent trading cards as well - though 1991 Upper Deck isn't the most exciting deck...

Specific (through 3140 cards):   
Accomplishments:
- Completed 2007-08 Upper Deck McDonald's Checklist Subset (6 cards)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 67 5
Inserts / Var Kept 97 6
Error 11 1
Keep 839 92
Doubles/Sell 310 15 580 767 231 19
Doubles Inserts / Var 23 37 40

2 comments:

  1. I know Marian Hossa bounced around a bit before blowing into the Windy City, but now it's weird to see the Demigod in a sweater without the Indian head on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw him enough with Ottawa that either as a Sen or with Chicago seems alright to me.

      Delete