Thursday, September 28, 2023

Jeff Hockey With Inserts

 Another hodge podge of hockey cards from Jeff today, but the highlights are some of the surprise inserts/parallels.


1995-96 Score base set is done in a regular white border glossy card, but this is the Black Ice parallel. Obviously scans dark, and I do have a few of them, but these basically doubles the number I have.


Brodeur is probably my favourite of the bunch.

We then head into some 2021-22 Upper Deck flagship set cards, and only a couple keepers here as most are dupes, which is a bit surprising as I don't have that much of the set, but so be it.


The couple Leafs and Young Gun card are obvious keepers though, very nice.


The 1993-94 SP set was an insert set in the flagship Upper Deck set that year, so these are all keepers and help be with that insert set. Can't help but keep any inserts or parallels I don't have, however I will likely in the future cut these back as I need to narrow my collecting focus a bit.


Another parallel handful picked up on the Electric Ice parallel for 1994-95 Upper Deck.


2020-21 Upper Deck flagship is not in my collecting list right now, but that Predator alternative jersey is something different and unique!


We end with a couple inserts from 1992-93 Ultra. To be honest, didn't even know that insert set existed, even though I have seen many base cards from the set. Definitely the first two cards from the 8 card insert set ever to come across my hands - very cool.

Another great bunch of hockey cards from Jeff, and looks like 2 more days worth to share.

3 comments:

  1. Technically that's not an alternate jersey on Saros for the Predators. It's the Hockey Fights Cancer promotion the teams wear in warmups (or at least did until the NHL banned stuff like this). Brian Gionta has a card for the Sabres in flagship maybe 2015 or 2016 where he is shown in it as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good eye. Poor choice of wording on my side...just meant alternative to the home/away, not necessarily an "official" alternate jersey, because I wasn't sure exactly what it was.

      Delete
  2. The purple ads behind him are a giveaway. The board ads are all switched to purple for that game. Will be interesting to see if the league allows that even this year.

    ReplyDelete