Sunday, July 9, 2023

Hockeyful

 A great TCDB trade share today with cards from across the pond. Mattasmathias who is in Finland, was up for a decent trade, and I had a bunch of hockey cards come my way which we can go through today.


Not sure what I like best - early Potvin or the one and done Leaf card of Doug Gilmour from 1994 Koululainen NHL-tähtipelaajat, which as you may have guessed is a Finnish set. I've said before, I don't go out of my way for non-English cards for the Toronto collections of Leafs and Jaysl but I won't say no if I get them.


Among the Leafs we have a Wayne Greztky insert leaving me one short on that particular insert set. This trade was pretty good for Leaf team set collecting as I did finish off 4-5 of them including a Pinnacle and Score set from the early 90s with cards in the first scan.


That Heads Up scan is pretty fantastic, and as we get into the late 90s and early 2000s, not as much luck finishing base sets, or other team Leaf sets as I still have plenty of needs. 


A couple more 2001-02 Upper Deck Victory set needs knocked off, and a forbidden Douggie in a Canadiens jersey Leaf card....that one kind of hurts to have to collect...


We get some late 2000s Victory cards, and I can tell you that these cover both Finnish and Swedish versions with some of each, which is pretty darn cool. The clean designs are nice too, so a good set to produce in different languages too.



As we get to newer sets, we get into the various parallels, retro versions, but I will say, the Select cracked ice is pretty darn nice in hand.


A fair number of Parkhurst cards and inserts, so fab adds there as well. I am coming a round a bit on the newer Parkhurst products, they may not be flagship Upper Deck, but generally a good alternative.

Big thank you for the trade, and I don't do too many cross the pond with the cost, but can do trades if they are worthwhile for someone, if anyone else over yonder is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment