Thursday, July 27, 2023

My Precious

No surprise, a new Magic set came out recently, and I picked up packs for my pack collection. Sometimes though, crossovers just make a lot of sense, and this is one of them.


I was hoping the Harry Potter cross would have happened but didn't, however Lord of the Rings is probably an even better fit when all considered. I mean, a lot of it from the fighting/war aspect, fits well into building armies and the game play.

The packs themselves look great, and the characters look as expected, with an MTG twist, but not to the point of making them unrecognizable which is good. I haven't had much chance to look through individual cards yet, but am sure I will pick up some artifact cards from the set sooner or later.

As for singles, I got an unexpected envelope with a few cards from a fellow TCDB member. I am not going to get into details, but a member I did not have good experiences with a few years ago, and will not trade with going forward because of it - just not worth the hassles for myself. These were done as a pay it forward, which is nice, and I share it as such. I may return the favour, but again, won't change my stance on trading with the member.

My first cards from the 2000 Wizards of the Coast WCW Nitro game. Given the timing, it was short lived, as was the remaining time of WCW, and even if it did last, not sure the card game would have made it more than a couple years.

Still - nice to have the cards from a collecting perspective!

2 comments:

  1. I love LOTR! I briefly considered buying a booster box of this stuff, but ended up passing. I'll probably watch a box break on YouTube though... just to see what I'm missing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely some interesting cards, but even if you are just a LOTR fan, I'd consider a booster pack or two for fun.

      Delete