Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Seeing Red

 Well, I guess there must have been some level of team collecting maybe with whereever the COVID lot came from, because we get a whole bunch of Red Wings today!


From the mid 90s to mid-00s, Detroit had a strong team, and part of that was because of a number of strong players who had very strong or even Hall of Fame careers during this time such as Yzerman, Fedorov and Datsyuk, just to name a few.

There were a number of European stars, namely Russians, who were part of the team over the years and really helped to drive the success, and really drive the influx of Russians into the league. 



Now, specific to the cards here, there are just a few keepers for set builds, almost all are up for trade. I was hoping the 2003-04 McDonalds was one I was missing, but I had Henrik already. Same with the In The Game Toronto Star card, so I have three dupes for trade.


Those summit parallels do scan nicely with the netting sticking out. The base design is too flat given the metallic/silver look in hand.



Well, any Detroit collector out there wanting to just do a 50 card random team trade to throw some Leafs my way -- I would totally be up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment