Saturday, July 29, 2023

Variation Reminder

I can't believe the summer is close to half over already. Time seems to go faster in the summer, even if the days are longer. I also can't believe how much I have been able to trade this year through TCDB. I am not one to initiate trades as I don't have the time to do much of it, but after years of doing about 50 trades a year, last year I jumped up to about 100, and this year being half way through, I am on pace for over 120. Now, it might slow down the second half of the year, so we will have to wait and see, but still...impressive to me that so many trades are able to happen, just shows the continued growth of the site!

Today, a quick trade with andersonadams1 which was really for the first 4 cards, but they were kind enough to throw in the second four...

I still need a couple more 1985 Fleer base Jays for the team set, but if I ever focus enough, I am sure I could finish that one off.

Also, although the Sportgflics card is for 1987, there are variations on the copyright date for those not aware. Here, I got the 1986 dated version, but there are also 1987 and even some versions with no copyright date. If you like to collect and care about those variations, just another to be aware of if you weren't already.

Though I will collect such variations for my Jays, I am glad that more recent years have seen a lot less of these copyright type variations...though I guess replacing them with short printed base card variations makes up for it (and not in a good way...).

2 comments:

  1. I wish summer was only half over for me. Heading back into my classroom in 8 days. Time flew by way too fast this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, the difference in scheduling in the US versus Canada - ours is much more clear for summer to be July and August...in the US, the school year starts again more so late August, instead of early September, is that right?

      Delete