Monday, July 31, 2023

Rookie Print Runs

 Though there have been a few 1994 Signature Rookie cards from the COVID lot - we get a bunch more today.


Back when the print run or serial number itself made the card cool - and it didn't really matter that it was out of 10,000, 20,000, or in this case 45,000. I mean, is it really "special" when there are that many out there, and with this type of card, the card itself is no different since it doesn't have a specific serial number?

The design isn't too bad, but the 1 of 45,000 sure takes up a lot of real estate on the front of the card!


Definitely a set that, if it were baseball or hockey, I wouldn't go out of my way to collect, but would keep copies of any cards that did come by my hands. The print run being on the card is good enough for me - but if it wasn't there, nope, then, just like every card, the print run doesn't matter. I mean, every card has a print run, so it's not "that" special. I am sure I'd make an exception at some point...like a print run under 100 or something, but I have yet to have to have that conversation with myself.



With my football knowledge, or lack thereof, I don't see any particular names that stick out with the cards, but even if there were, wouldn't save them from the trader boxes.


A few Classic football cards to end, and the hope that tomorrow brings something a bit more collectible for me.

1 comment:

  1. I was super into Signature Rookies back in the mid 90's. There was a mail order company called "Mail Order Concepts" that sold their boxes at highly discounted prices and I ate them up. Their biggest selling point was that several of their products offered one autograph per pack. Most of their products were draft related, but they did product a Miracle on Ice set that is really, really, really popular among hockey fans. Some of the autographs in that set sell for big money.

    ReplyDelete