Sunday, June 2, 2019

2016 WWE Topps Blaster 2

So today we start into this...



Which didn't sit nicely on the scanner, but you get it, the second box of 2016 WWE Topps base product, only it's much different for me.

With trades and all, I am only missing three base cards - Becky Lynch, Goldust, and Natalya. So, I expect this is going to be a low scoring affair, but hope that I am able to knock the three cards off and get some new to me inserts. Guess we will see if I am successful with that.

Scoring again...

Base card - 1 point (yes, all cards get a point)
Base card need - 3 points
Base variation card - 20 points
Insert Card bonus - points based on odds - if 1 in 4 - worth 4 points
Per Box Bonus card will be per points based on the per pack odds - if 1 in 35 boxes worth 350 points as there are 10 packs per box...should be generally fair I think....and reflect value in the "hit"

Pack 1:



No luck on the base cards in this one.



This is from the NXT Prospects insert set, and is a new one for me. Finn Balor is my son's favourite wrestler, and I have to say, I enjoy him as a talent, but as I have said before, wish we saw more Demon matches.



We end with another new card for me - the J&J Security Anti-Authority insert. Full credit to both for doing a great job with WWE post their in ring careers and here, being the newer version of Patterson and Briscoe during their stooges run for McMahon.

1 Pack, 7 cards, 11 points.

4 comments:

  1. Miss Elizabeth and George The Animal Steele is one heck of a way to kick off this box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Elizabeth.....Nice! - I remember George's appreciation of her...

      Delete
  2. Four Legend cards in one pack is quite impressive. While his run as Godfather may be remembered more, I always liked the Papa Shango gimmick most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll say it - as a kid, Papa Shango was freaky - he did well to that extent.

      Delete