Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Hometown Girl

First, speaking of hometown - the parade yesterday for the Raptors was crazy. I think the crowds were more than they expected, which made it hard to keep up with the timing they wanted, but I think the timing was a bit quick and likely unattainable. I think they ended up about two and a half or three hours behind.

Not a big deal to have had it last longer, but people should have been advised so they weren't standing out for so long - just could have been better planning.

I went and stood around a couple hours, but the parade was still so far to get to where I was, so I walked around, checked out the Square, etc, then went back to the office when things seems to be a little bit less secure (everyone being too close together for my comfort).

An experience if nothing else.



Aliyah is one of a few wrestlers over the years (think Edge and Bobby Roode as a couple others which come to mind) that are Toronto, Ontario, Canada products. Aliyah actually went to George Brown College which is not too far from where I work (a drive, but not too far). She studied nursing, which probably comes in hand with having to nurse injuries.

Her and Dash bump the base set for me to 2/3 done (not included are the 25 short print variation cards - I am not looking for a master set).



Sad - Tyson Kidd card when they talk about him still being sidelined, rather than at the point when it was realized he was done and had to retire for health reasons.

Dupes...



5 Packs, 35 Cards, 79 Points.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to experience the parade. Definitely something we'd all like to be able to do. Good post and cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you weren't there for the shooting! I watched the parade on NBATV, that crown was insanely large.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All in, they are says a conservative 2 million people at this point. It was crazy, and happy that there was just the one incident really. When you have 2 million people, you are going to end up with at least one foolish person - not counting the not so smart street pole climbers, etc.

      Delete
  3. Wow... this set has everything. First announcer cards... now referee cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to pick nits, but Roode is from Peterborough lol
    Val Venis was from Ennismore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hate to break it to you Mike, but as far as wrestling is concerned - Toronto roughly covers Ontario, and I believe Montreal covers Quebec. Seriously though, of course, he is from Peterborough which is say an hour outside Toronto. TO be fair, I live in Burlington which is an hour the other way outside Toronto, but generally tell anyone when I am outside Ontario, that I am from Toronto - it's just easier.

      Delete
    2. Oh I know.. Whenever I make myself on a WWE game, I have to either put myself as being from Toronto or from Winnipeg..

      Delete