Monday, December 27, 2021

Almost Perfect

 After a nice 50 for 50 keeper day yesterday in the cards I pulled from the lot, wasn't expecting another solid day today, but here we are!


The good news is, I am over 40% done this 2006-07 O Pee Chee set - the bad news is I have a suspicion the rookies will be sparse, if any, as that does seem to be an area lacking throughout the lot so far.


Sure, the rookie cards spattered through base sets are there, but when they are differently designed, or subsets, or easily noted, there seem to be missing in part. Now, to be fair, I don't know if that was because of the original collector and what they sold off, or someone along the chain who has pulled them at as what they collect, but either way, I suspect I miss out.


I can live with that though. I mean, depending on the year, they can still be relatively cheap, or if not, I may have to keep it at the base set less the rookies.



At least we get team checklists! Well, at least some of them. Will have to see if more show up.

Not too many dupes today, but here are the backs for another look...

And a single ad card, so nothing like adding a little packaging material too I guess!


Just wanted to end with some quick blog thoughts and share. I continue to enjoy documenting, and sharing daily, my card finds and musings, and will continue to do so. Big picture, what does that mean - well, I probably have a couple months of card posts on this 20 in 20 lot I have been working through the second behind the Santa Lot), I have a couple weeks of small bundles of cards which I received from local reader Jeff, which I will probably tack on after we finish with the lot as well. Beyond that - I have unopened materials to get to still and share - ranging from 2021 Topps NXT, 2018 Topps Opening Day Baseball, a half dozen sports card repacks from Dollarama, and a dozen Magic card repacks, a box of 2015-16 Upper Deck Champs which is from my trip to Dave and Adam's in 2019 when I bought it for about $30 USD (a little more expensive these days). Oh, and I also have another lot - let's call it to COVID lot, which I picked up, well, about 6 months ago now, which is probably 20k cards to go through - though I have a different plan on how to go through that one.

Also - did I mention, I still try to keep up on trades, so there are those to share too.

So, plenty of good stuff to share and I will be keeping at it. Heck, I should really stop buying and hoarding and catch up a bit! At this rate, even if I don't buy anything else, I should have cards to share through 2023! Probably a good thing since I don't want to buy anything "new" at the crazy prices out there on new stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment