Saturday, April 15, 2023

Cape in Hand

ericcapemay - first time trade partner on TCDB - sent me a bunch of Jays, helping by taking a bunch of unneeded baseball cards of my hands in exchange. What I got, seemed to include a lot of Robbie!


Robbie's career definitely has had it's highs and lows - ever since he stopped playing actually. I can understand those that stopped collecting his cards because of it, and though I do find it harder since he stopped playing, he was a Jay, and for better or worse, is remembered as one. He is a Hall of Famer, and that hasn't been taken away from him.


So, even though I am Canadian through and through - born, raised, the whole nine yards, I am still missing at lease a couple O Pee Chee base cards for almost every 80s set. Not sure how it happened, but it has....sorry to have let you down Canada...

As you can see though - ericcapemay did come to save the dau, at least a little, in patching those missing gaps with some of the Jays cards. Especially appreciate the future stars - best of which would have to be Barfield.

Thank you for the trade, and one more 1982 Topps base cards to go with the ones yesterday...as the checklist helps there.

2 comments:

  1. What is going on with the cap on the Stieb in the bottom photo? Really sketchy airbrushing?

    I'm colour blind and I can tell that's not the right colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am legally blind, so I understand the vision issues, but agree - looks like poor airbrushing.

      Delete