Friday, September 6, 2024

Best Pack Pull So Far

 Just the single last pack of 2021 Topps Gallery baseball today, and I guess it was worth it!

Mark McGwire is a polarizing figure given the obvious issue around steroids at the time, though I would think he is still on the "more liked than not" side of the argument compared to others of the era, so there are still a lot of collectors of his out there. Here we get a serial numbered to 99 (and this one is actually numbered 01/99). These are pulls of one every 1,062 packs so - yeah, this definitely wins so far this year for my best pack pull.

As for the card itself, the blue border does make this card look much better than the basic version, and personally - I was always a McGwire fan (save for when the Jays were needing to get by the A's in the playoffs).


All it takes sometimes is a single card to make a purchase worth it, and definitely the case here - very cool card, and yeah, I'd rate it fairly high too. Hopefully it isn't the last sweet pull I have this year.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice pull. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the pull! I never liked the artificial 'yellowing' on those gallery originals, but I really love that photo of McGwire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the pose that does it for me too - very nice.

      Delete
  3. I like that Kirby but the Mac is a good one, too. Bummer one of them wasn't the Printers' proof but a rare parallel is a rare parallel.

    ReplyDelete