Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Enter The Gallery

 I like the look of the Gallery sets, and I liked the price of this blaster so put those together, and here we are. I don't plan on building the set though, so it's going to be harder for this box to come away with a great score, but you never know what's in the packs. First, a look at the box...



Then we can look at the packs....one of which I do need for the unopened pack collection...


Yikes - just 4 cards a pack. I mean, it could be less I guess, but my bottom on cards in a pack is 7, I hate when it's less than that.

SO the design if quite nice as expected. First cards from the set I have had in hand. Add to that the names, and this is a solid pack. No Jays card as this was past his Jays time for the Stro Show, but Pojols is a nice base pick up as well.

We get our first insert and it's a Printer Proof which is a blaster only insert which appears in every other pack. I gather we will be seeing more of them since we wouldn't want more unusual inserts that fall less than every other pack....

With so few cards and 6 packs to open, that's just 24 cards, hope to get one Jay card at least.

2 comments:

  1. I liked Topps Gallery back in the late 90's/early 2000's... when they had those acetate Gallery of Heroes inserts. Those were really cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one of those, really beautiful in hand cards.

      Delete