Sunday, September 8, 2024

A Strike By Myrke

First, it's my wife's birthday, so I know it best to be short here and spend the time with her celebrating. While I am off doing that though, let's see some cards with TCDB member myrke who was able to actually finish off a few smaller insert sets, etc for me in my Jays collecting.


Cerutti wasn't the "no dot after U.S.A" variation I expected, not a big deal as I am still missing a few such micro variations. The Delgado though was the second of two Jays base cards from 2000 Fleer E/X to finish off that team set. Similarly, the two 2013 Finest cards finish the 4 card Jays set there as well.

The centre David is a nice SN to 500 card and the snazzy blue border for Jays cards always looks solid.


As luck has it, the 2022 and 2023 Topps flagship insert sets of the Stars of MLB are both finished off here with the last Vladdy card in the first scan and the Bo dead centre in the above. As I am still sitting on a bunch of 2018-2022 baseball base cards, I wonder how much of those I really need, but the inserts, definitely nice to pick up.

Really appreciate the trade as always!

3 comments:

  1. Those early '90s copyright variations are such a pain. I doubt anyone would have even noticed if it wasn't for TCDB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Even with two copies of the card in hand it's difficult to be sure whether they're different or not. At least at my age!

      Delete
    2. Using the zoom on my phone camera has become a skill I never thought I'd need with cards, but saved much squinting. :)

      Delete