Thursday, September 5, 2024

Getting Some Rainbow

 Back with a couple more packs of 2021 Topps Gallery baseball, and we finally get something more than just Printer Proof inserts.


What seems to be the second most common insert - rainbow foil parallel cards which stand out in the scan easily enough. With the design of the Gallery cards, I actually prefer the base design, but maybe it's just me.

Honestly - I must prefer the Ty Cobb card than the parallel rainbow foil. Not often you get to add a Ty Cobb card to your trade list, but even if it's a new reprint, still a cool card to see and have in hand. The way they are able to "modernize" the photo as much as they have really works well as it comes across so clean and crisp considering.

Nice! Along with another rainbow foil, we get our first MLB originals insert which fall every 18 packs. Fernando Tatis Jr. doesn't do a whole lot for me personally - not a player I collect or anything, I do appreciate the pull and being able to add it to the collection. The design is alright and reminds me a bit of the hockey Bee Hive designs from the mid 2000s. Definitely helps this blaster which is slugging along as nothing too special.

No comments:

Post a Comment