Friday, February 25, 2022

Diamonds, Not Rough

 I could talk about the hockey cards in the pull from the lot today, but will focus elsewhere. That said, here is the one Leaf addition...


The rest of the 2001-02 O Pee Chee base cards...


The last few, and some 1998-99 Upper Deck Black Diamond basketball cards.


A nice design for Black Diamond sets, with the typical fronts which really make the player pop, though the name is much easier to read than in other designs over the years.


The backs are straight forward, and that's not a bad thing. You get a few years stats, a second photo - close up head shot - and a little write up as well.

My biggest per peeve - the names not being capitalized. I am sure it was a style choice, but it is just incorrect and really bugs me.



Still, a good started set maybe for someone wanting to collect the Black Diamond set, but as much as they look pretty nice, not staying with me!

1 comment:

  1. I like the look of those 01-02 OPC cards. I like the way OPC hockey looks more than Upper Deck hockey.

    ReplyDelete