Sunday, October 30, 2022

Marching On

Sandyrusty continued the barrage on my Jays want list of the 90s with plenty of new to me cards.


I had a full 1993 Donruss team set, but needed duplicates for the set build that is low on my priorities list.


Amazingly, there are still cards from the 90s I haven't even heard of like the Roberto Alomar 1993 Donruss Long Ball Leaders insert card (top middle). I mean, fantastic card, just never ever heard of it until getting it in this trade.

Happy the Guzman Humpty Dumpty is still wrapped up, though it is my second and I need an unwrapped one for my team set as I can't get myself to take him out of the packaging.


This Select set is one I have seen often enough, I would have thought I'd have all the Jays, but alas not true...yet. Love the Joe Carter post swing pose though.


You know when cards are posed just similar enough you do a double take 0 yeah, Alomar and Henderson made me do the double take here. Though, they do remind me of WAMCO - sorry Henderson, you aren't included on the White, Alomar Molitor, Carter, Olerud line up reference.


These Finest Blue Jays have faired well, not the massive curve on the cards that I know they can get over time.


We end in the mid 90s for now...but still have some more Jays to go, though a pause for another thank you to sandyrusty for initiating this big trade - really hope it was as useful to you as it was to me.

4 comments:

  1. That one OPC Alomar with the coloured border.. What's that one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the 1993 O-Pee-Chee Premier Star Performers card; set of 22 also has a foil parallel.

      Delete
  2. I have been enjoying the revealing of these cards once more as they get into your collection. The cards I received in trade were great as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you were able to find enough that you wanted in order to do the trade. :)

      Delete