Saturday, September 28, 2024

Best For Last

 Let me start by saying, the cube of 250 cards actually held more like 275, so I gather that's just a function of more cards fitting in the box, but does make up for the dupes. Today and the cards for 2010 to current is probably the best day of the bunch as I have a fair number of set helpers and some inserts too.


I have collected about 70 of the gold rush parallels from 2012-13 Score because of how often those packs ended up in repacks in the 2010s and they are one per pack. Both here are new to me.


The two MVP cards are inserts to the flagship set, so amazing to pull a couple of these. THe short print hockey day in Canada card is another great pick up I get to keep. I don't want the McDavid, but it's a solid pull even though the "Leaf" cards at the time were unnecessary and not wanted as they were printed just to be in not so great products to help sell them, I swear.


Here we have a nice, though plain white, memorabilia card. These fall every 12 hobby packs, so will go with those odds for scoring, and the one will be all I see as that's about what is promised on the cube.


Not going to complain about picking up a YoungGun card too - a nice surprise and another base set keeper.



Unfortunately just the single Leaf card today, and one that is a 6-7 copy, but that's okay!

As you can see below - this box didn't score great, which isn't surprising, but was still very fun to go through and share. I have a similar baseball one for another time, but I have a number of other things I'd love to share and go through on the site first.


No comments:

Post a Comment