Sunday, September 29, 2024

Cards In Bloom

Finally sharing a MTG pickup from 401games I did shortly after this set released - my usual new set pick up, this one for Bloomburrow.


This set seems to be getting a lot of love from the MTG community, and attention from some outside of it because of the theme and design of the cards - I mean, there are a number of cute woodland creatures depicted on these cards and it's a theme that some resonate with for just loving the artwork - something I've mentioned here on other sets and a reason some jus like the cards as well.


I will say, the foil cards like these actually look worse to me than the base cards that don't have foil, the imagery is just nice, the foil kind of spoils them.


Although it wasn't as "cutesy", the set does remind me a bit of the early sets where the whimsy of the characters depicted was a big draw, and though the artwork has changed significantly, it was still a draw back then.


I did pick up the last card by mistake as it doesn't fit my collection due to having white mana in the casting cost, so not truly an artifact to me, but that's okay, it's still a hilarious card....with a great pic to go with, something I'd almost expect from one of the "Un" sets.

It will be interesting to see how much play the set gets or if it's just a cute collecting type set, but time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment