Thursday, July 23, 2026

Donruss Basketball

Before the basketball - let's share a TCDB PWE trade with ForrestE who helped to finish off a couple Toronto team sets.


We start with one of the cards driving the trade, the fourth Jays card in the 1986 Donruss All-Star set with Jimmy. Kevin is an error card, with a couple 1991 Bowman cards for the set build including the needed additional Borders pickup.

The 1991 Fleer are actually some dupes and some additional versions of the jumbo or microvariation U.S.A. instead of U.S.A date printings on the back. This was another trade where I only needed a few cards but because more could be sent across to match ForrestE's needs, I just picked up some Toronto duplicate goodness.


The other Jays team base set finish was the 1991 Topps Traded set as the two cards here were the last needed. Also, nice reminder of Studio being a great set in the early 90s, and that Triple Play shouldn't just be remembered for the disastrous sets from the early 2010s.

A single set share from the 2026 Lot today as we get a bunch more 2023-24 Donruss basketball. I don't think we are quite getting to a full base set, but I think we are well over two thirds at this point.


It's a fine enough set, though I think I prefer the football with this design, over the basketball.


You can see some solid names of the games including Raptor Barnes hiding in there.


A biy of wasted white space on the back, but you won't miss the player name!


Anyone looking for a solid started set - let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment