Friday, August 25, 2023

Some Wuzzling Cards

Before the trade share, a quick update on my Dave & Adam's card issue. Long story short, when I went in person, they made an error in running through my order and overcharged me like $40-50 because a blaster went through as a hobby box, and as we were a bit rushed, I didn't notice until that night, then we headed back to Canada, so I didn't have a chance to go back and fix.

I e-mailed the store (heard nothing back), e-mailed the head office (got a message of, we passed it on to the retail store and they will be in touch), weeks later, still heard nothing so e-mailed the retail store again and the head office, and now have not heard back anything from either. I send pics of the order and receipt, and explained the situation.

In all honesty, I'd be fine if they said, sorry, nothing we can do, and just acknowledged the error. I mean, my bad for not checking right away, but the fact I am getting no real response at all is bothering me.

Now, I don't do a LOT of business with them, I mean, an order for a couple hundred bucks every couple years, but it will make me probably stop going. Again, just the respectful "mistakes happen, sorry" would be fine, and anything more would be amazing and turn a situation that sucks, into a bog positive.

At this point, just wanted to share my frustration with the lack of response, and hope others have a better experience with them, but it has soured me on them at this point....but you never know, maybe I'll still get a response in the next little bit. If I do, will let you know.

Another TCDB trade to share today - this one from Wuzzleteats. Yup, can't make up some of these user names, but it does make me chuckle. I got rid of some duplicate McD hockey cards and turned them into the following...


This was a very successful trade in knocking off team sets as the two 1991-92 Bowman cards complete my Leaf base set.


Here, the Post and Duracell cards are one and done Leaf content sets, as well as John Tavares O Pee Chee being the last of 3 inserts of O Pee CHee Update in the 2018-19 Upper Deck offering to complete that Leaf insert team set.

This is the best of them though, as we have the final cards to complete the 2022-23 base set for Tim Hortons. I still have a bunch of insert cards needed, but it means I can focus on those next, and hopefully help reduce my traders a bit, as I'd be happy to trade 2-3 base cards of whatever, or more, as needed, to get some of the lower hanging inserts.

Another amazing trade with a TCDB member, and just another example of why the site rocks as I would never have completed this set without using it.

2 comments:

  1. That is really discouraging to hear your experience at Dave and Adam's. I've only shopped there in person once but that was like 15 years ago. Since then it has all been online and they have always been great at responding to my emails. Really hope they resolve your issue soon! But if they don't maybe use Steel City Collectibles instead. They're pretty good too.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have taken a couple looks at Steel City, but haven't bought there yet, might change though.

      Delete