Monday, April 15, 2024

Some Mo ProMo

 A bunch of 401games Magic card pick ups today. I went on a quick Promo related search on the site and just picked up a bunch of them, as I know I didn't have many, and figured I would need most if not all I saw. THose along with a few core 2019 and 2020 sets, and let's take a look.


Noticed I was still missing some cheap core set artifact cards, so those were easy additions. I don't really pick up anything this way for more than fifty cents a card - just gets too expensive.


We then get into the promo cards. Some are prerelease cards (ones with the foil stamp date). These would be given out at pre-release events, and eventually get back to stores to sell for those who trade them in or their collection as a whole, so not unusual to see them come up, just not something I had focused on since the card itself is in many cases no different, save the foil stamp.



The cards with the planeswalker symbol silver foil stamp in the bottom right corner of the picture are other promos usually released in promo packs and again, in most cases, are no different from the actual card except the stamp.

All in, there are a few one and done cards that were the only artifact or land card in the promo set, so those are nice pick ups, and in general, like them for being the bit more unusual than a simple base card. Does make it harder to double check and make sure I catalog things right and ensure my want list is correctly updated, but I'm good for that challenge any time!

No comments:

Post a Comment