Friday, September 18, 2026

Bringing Back Memories

Today's trade is brought to you by fellow Ontarian and TCDB member Galtview, and we start with all the rest of the Jays I need for completing the team set...


1988 Panini Stickers was the BIG thing I collected as a kid. I think I had three albums which were complete or close to it, and so many duplicates that I gave them away to anyone I could at school. Looking back, it was probably because they were relatively cheap at the time and something that my mom was fine spending the little needed on them, picking up packs while checking out from grocery shopping each week. We didn't have much financially growing up, and I don't think about it at the time, but looking back, it was something she did not have to do for me, but I did enjoy it a lot and it was one of the core memories I have as a kid, getting and opening the packs at my grandma's house (my mom went shopping with her every week and we spent the day at grandma's house).

A lot of familiar faces on the stickers, on a design that is entrenched in my mind, and now I have the team complete again.


The rest are 2005 year cards and first is some more Topps Total cards. Mid -2000s Jays are not high on my list as it was a down time for me of watching and following because I was finishing University and working on, well, starting full time work and getting my professional designation, so like collecting kind of bowed out of life for a bit, so did some of the sports following.

Now, getting the chance to trade and get cards into the collection from that time frame, including these 2005 Upper Deck First Pitch cards - very cool and appreciated. I definitely would have had a lot more Halladay cards in my collection if I had kept up collecting through the 2000s....but better late than never!

2 comments:

  1. Those Panini stickers take me back! One of the few years I actually bought an album and tried to complete it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Panini combo stickers. There's something about the 80's and the combo cards that make me smile. I wonder why Topps doesn't try it with their current card products.

    ReplyDelete