Tuesday, September 1, 2026

September Falls

Here we are, another summer wrapping up and another school year about to start. Kids going into grades 8 and 11 now, and it feels like yesterday and many years ago, all at the same time, that they were in primary school together.

We did a lot of spring cleaning this year, and now it feels like a bit of fall catch up is still needed, and the next few days will be that on the blog as I catch up with some sharing of trades which happened, and I hadn't yet shared here.

First one up is a trade with TCDB member Double B, a fellow Ontarian who I have traded with before, and for a trade I initiated. I haven't done a lot of that and am trying t change it a bit. In part because I am getting a few less offers - probably just less people doing such, not that I have less matches with people.

I will look for cards that are new to me and fit my Jays or Leaf collection first, and from there, whether I look for set additions or extra Jays, isn't really set in stone, depends on what they may have to offer - though searching for any Jays/Leafs for trade is easier.

All the above cards are additional copies for the collection - some I only have a couple of already, others 15-16 copies, but either way, happy to trade away cards I don't want for these.

We also get my first 2026 Topps card with Lauer, and a new to me Potvin - so there were a couple new cards to add as well.


 Also, card 609 of 700 for the 2020 Topps flagship set, so we get a little closer than we were before. Definitely a card that was on my "want" list, not one I searched out as set completion, when I get down to it, I just add to try and match into completion.

Actually, one newer feature of the site which I recently turned on, was to have any/all new Jays and Leaf cards which I am missing, get added to my want list as soon as they are listed on the site. The down side is, there are minor league cards which may be associated with Toronto that I think are getting added (so I will have to watch to remove these when trading), but the plus is, I don't have to go and individually add cards with every release, because I have not been doing that and only really do it every year or two, and it's a long process.

Appreciate the trade with Double B, and we shall see how well the auto additions to the want list work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment