Thursday, January 27, 2022

Dribbles

 In speaking of dribbles today - not a reference to anything basketball, but instead to a dribble of cards that fit my collection.


This 1997 Collector's Choice Star Rookie does not want to scan nicely with the dark foil here, but trust me when I say, it's the one base card need I get to add today.


Speaking of single additions, a single addition to the Toronto binders today. I 'm not a fan of the 1995-96 Parkhurst International design, but am a fan of Gartner so we can call it a wash.


Another single addition when we talk about inserts/parallels etc as we have a Pre-Production card from 1999 Topps. Always like these cards which may be a little more difficult to find.

As for the rest of the cards, a little collateral damage...


These 2001-02 Stadium Club cards were a little stuck together and didn't fair so well when coming apart. Overall, I can't complain to much as such issues have been minimal in this lot, so a little packing material here I guess.

The rest, which did alright in surviving...


Given the Leaf card, no surprise it was part of a little run of Parkhurst International cards.


Unrelated, but gold bordered cards continue as well with some 1999-2000 O Pee Chee.


Still seeing more Upper Deck basketball as well.


The trio of Warrick Dunn cards are kind of cool though as they are all "Sample" cards based on the back (would have been good if I scanned a back as well since I had three copies, but hind sight is 20/20).


Then we end with a handful of Ovation football cards which are nicely textured to feel a little like a football to go with the design. Different and unique which is always noticeable.

So a slow pull overall, but also looking ahead - there's about 1,500 cards or so to go if I was to guess ion the lot, so we may well end up very close to 25k all in on this lot which is a solid outcome I'd say, especially given the price.

Hard to find lots like this these days given the continued craze on cards.



No comments:

Post a Comment